Attending driving school can be an excellent way to improve your skills as a driver and feel more in control every time you get behind the wheel. Whether you’re shopping for a driving school for yourself or for somebody that you care about, it’s important to make sure you can find the best New Jersey driving school available for your needs. In this article, we discuss the benefits of attending driving school, what to look for when choosing a driving school, and some of the best driving schools in New Jersey.
There are many excellent reasons to consider attending driving school. Some of the top benefits include:
- Safer driving: When you attend driving school, they provide both classroom and practical education to help you learn to drive. The knowledge and the skills you learn teach you to avoid dangerous situations and increase your safety every time you get behind the wheel. Enrolling in a driving school program is one of the best decisions you can make for yourself or anyone who is interested in becoming a driver.
- State law education: Driving laws are not universal around the United States, which means what is acceptable in one state may not be okay in another. If you have recently moved to New Jersey, enrolling in a New Jersey driving school can help you come to a better understanding of New Jersey driving laws. Your instructors specialize in New Jersey driving, and can make sure you understand any important differences from what you are used to.
- Practical experience: Many driving schools provide the opportunity for you to get behind the wheel of a practice vehicle on a closed course. This allows you to practice your driving in a safe setting without fear of an accident, all under the supervision of a driving professional. Your instructor can offer constructive critiques of your driving in order to improve your overall skills as a driver.
- Improved confidence: Learning to drive for the first time can be an intimidating experience. When taking your practice hours on active roads, you may feel uneasy driving around other vehicles. Taking a driving class in New Jersey can help you become more confident in your driving abilities so that you are more relaxed when in the driver’s seat.
- New and improved skills: Driving school instructors in New Jersey are specialists when it comes to driving cars. This means they can teach you techniques you may not have known, and help you refine techniques you did in order to make you a more capable driver.
How to Choose a Good Driving School
There are many New Jersey driving schools available, so it’s important to know how to find the best one for you. Keep these tips in mind during your search:
- Do your research: When choosing a driving school, it’s important to make sure you are finding the best driving school in New Jersey for you. Researching multiple options, in order to compare both their ratings from previous students and the courses that they offer, allows you to find a driving school that provides high-quality instruction that suits your needs as a driver.
- Ask about the curriculum: Contacting potential schools on your short list directly is an excellent way to get more information about what the program offers. Understanding both the type of work that the class covers, and the methods used by instructors can help you to make a more informed decision when choosing which New Jersey driving School to enroll in.
- Compare class sizes: One important consideration that many driving school students do not take into account when choosing their New Jersey driving school is the average class size. The lower a school’s instructor-to-student ratio is, the more attention your instructor can pay to you during your studies. This allows you to receive a more in-depth driving education and raises the overall quality of your driving school education.
- Check for accreditation: When choosing a New Jersey driving school, it is important to choose a facility that is licensed and credentialed in the state. This ensures that the school you attend meets state standards, and that the information they teach during classes is in alignment with New Jersey’s laws and expectations in order to ensure you get an education you can apply after completing the course.
New Jersey’s Best Driving Schools
Using a short list can help simplify a driving school search. Here are some of New Jersey’s top driving schools to consider:
- Drive Safer LLC: An excellent option for drivers seeking a driving school in response to a ticket or a moving violation. Completing a course with Drive Safer LLC may be used to satisfy driving school conditions following a violation and can even help you remove points from your license.
- Lama Driving School: Focusing on teaching safe and defensive driving, Lama Driving School has classes for both new and experienced drivers in order to provide services to drivers of all levels.
- North Ave Driving School: With over 25 years of experience in the field, North Ave Driving School is one of New Jersey’s premier driving schools. Courses include standard driving classes, as well as specialized courses, including motorcycle and commercial driver’s license programs.
- Paramus Driving School: Specializing in road testing and test day preparation, Paramus Driving school offers driving classes for both 16-year-old drivers earning their driving permits as well as drivers 17-and-older who are studying to pass their driving exams.
- Windsor-Brunswick Driving Academy: Operating since 1991, Windsor-Brunswick Driving Academy offers driving school specialized to serve students who are recently eligible for their license. Instructors can help students earn their permit-required hours as well as prepare for and pass their driving exams in order to earn a license.
Here at New Jersey state auto used cars we understand the importance of being safe when you drive. Anytime we sell a used car, truck, or SUV we want its new owner to enjoy many safe trips in it. If you’re in the market for a used car, get in touch with us or visit our dealership. Our expert staff will help pair you with the perfect car to celebrate completing your driving school education.