There aren’t many things worse than going somewhere with confidence only to find that you’re unprepared. At our Jersey City used car dealer, we want the car-buying process to be as streamlined and stress-free as possible, and for that, preparedness is key. So what do you need to bring with you when you want to buy a car?
The Necessary Details
Before you hit the road to come see us, make sure you haven’t left these documents behind.
- State ID: Whether you have a driver’s license or some other official form of identification, bring it with you when you come see us.
- Proof of insurance: It’s the law to have auto insurance in New Jersey, so when you want to buy a car, bring along a valid auto insurance card. We actually can’t let you leave the lot without it—it’s how we’re able to print temporary plates for you, so make sure you show up insured! If you need to set up car insurance, we can help! Ask your sales associate for more details.
- Proof of Income: Bring us a recent pay stub or a bank statement to show your current financial statement. This will help us verify regular income to ensure that you can meet the payments when you finance a used car in Jersey City.
- Proof of Residence: An important piece of mail, such as a bank statement, lease agreement, or electricity bill, will show your current address, which is something we need to help you purchase the vehicle. It’s where we’ll send your monthly bill and where we can reach you, if need be.
- Title: If you’re trading in your old car, truck, van, or SUV, no problem! Just bring the certificate of title, which will expedite the process. Otherwise, we’ll have to contact New Jersey Motor Vehicle Services to confirm all the details and proof of ownership.
This paperwork should be easy to get together, and it could save you hours at the dealership. Contact us at (201) 204-9845 to confirm what you need before you hit the road. We look forward to speaking with you!
Easy Related Posts
Jersey Picks: the Best Used Cars for Tailgating
When football season gloriously returns, it brings a lot of great activities with it. Fantasy ...read more
Best Back to School Used Cars for NJ Shoppers
Back to school time is upon us. With 964 high schools and 62 colleges in ...read more
Learn More About Our Jersey City Car Auction
Car auction establishments are a bit uncommon, and that’s just one more thing that makes ...read more
6 Points ID Verification - NJ Motor Vehicle Rules
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission 6 Points ID Verification In order to obtain licenses and permits ...read more